The vitamins, minerals and protein content of green moong dal can be substantially increased by sprouting. Although sprouts are best eaten raw, here we blanch the sprouts for a few minutes in boiling water so it's easy for the baby to swallow. When mixed with finely chopped salad, it serves as a nutritious and filling breakfast.
- 1/4 cup sprouted whole green moong dal
- 1/4 cup finely chopped vegetables : tomato, cucumber, coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated carrot
- 1 cup puffed rice (murmure/ kallapuri)
- A pinch of salt
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Briefly blanch the sprouts in boiling water. Drain water completely using a strainer.
- Mix with tomato, cucumber, carrot, coriander leaves, puffed rice, salt and lemon juice.
- Feed immediately otherwise the puffed rice could become soggy.
Please Note :
- It's advisable to feed homemade sprouts to the baby. Readily available sprouts sold in the market could be contaminated. Since sprouts fall in the category of uncooked food, we can not depend on anything except what is made at home.
Nutritional Facts :
- Green moong sprouts besides being rich in protein also contain a good amount of fiber, Potassium and B-Vitamins.