This soft mash made out of roasted whole wheat flour is not only delicious but also easy to swallow. You can mold interesting shapes out of this halwa to attract the baby's attention.
- 2 teaspoons of ghee
- 4 teaspoons of wheat flour (aata)
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon jaggery
- Few raisins
- Fruits of your choice (optional)
- Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Add raisins and set aside once they swell.
- To the remaining ghee in the pot add wheat flour and roast well till you get the smell of cooked flour.
- Mix in cardamom powder and stir well.
- Separately, boil milk with jaggery till it dissolves completely.
- Add the sweetened milk into the roasted wheat flour. Stir continuously, till the mixture becomes pasty and has no lumps.
- Mix in the previously fried raisins and turn off the heat.
- Once cool, you can add mashed banana (small variety)/ sapota/ steamed apple to the halwa.
Please Note :
- You can use fine semolina (chiroti rawa) instead of wheat flour in this halwa.
- You can also add a teaspoon of powdered dry fruit mix to the halwa once it's ready.